Last night my sister and I went to the fabric store to pick out some fabric for her living room pillows and kitchen curtains. I LOVE the fabric store (like, dancing in the isles and hugging fabric boards, CRAZY LOVE).
I snapped a few (phone) photos of some of the beautiful fabrics:
This one is so fun and colorful-maybe for pillows or a modern quilt?
All of these are pretty, I could take them home just like this and have my own little fabric store to roll around in!
I absolutely LOVE this one. I NEED a project so I can justify buying some of this fabric.
So fun! Modern kitchen and pillow fabric that coordinates. The pears and apples are so fun!
Some of you might get discouraged if you don’t live in a big city with tons of fabric stores surrounding you-have no fear-all these fabrics are available at JoAnne Fabric.
My tips for going to the fabric store:
1. Walk down EVERY isle-you never know where your next favorite fabric might come from-the baby isle, quilting, home decor.
2. Pull out EVERY fabric you are drawn to and then narrow down the choices from there.
3. Have a plan. Take all your project measurements along and have a look in mind so you have some direction and focus (it will be so easy to get distracted).
4. Be flexible. I know I just said to have a plan and I do mean it, BUT you also need to be flexible. If you see a fabric you LOVE you might want to change your whole plan-allow for that, it’s part of the FUN.
5. Ask for help! Most employees at fabric store love to sew too-so ask them how much you need for your project, ask them what fabric will be a good choice, anything. They are there to help!
Next time you want to window shop-why not go to the fabric store and DREAM!