Warning: this tutorial is so easy-you WILL recover every pillow in your home and maybe move onto your friend’s and family’s pillows!

I found this super easy/great tutorial over at Rae Gun Ramblings

completed pillows all in a row

Here is my take away:

OK-first things first, gather ALL the pillows in your home that you would like to recover and stack them next to your sewing machine. This tutorial is so easy and the project takes so little time that it is best to knock all the covers out in one sitting!

directions:

1. measure the pillow(s) you want to recover

mine was 15 inches by 15 inches

2. now the math: cut your fabric like this (graphic seems to be easier to follow than my ramblings)

math graphic

OK-now that the math is done onto the real “work”

3. Hem the two shorter edges of the fabric (fold, iron, fold, iron and then stitch)

4. Fold fabric WRONG SIDE OUT to fit the pillow

5. Sew along the long side edges

6. turn the pillow case right side out

DIY pillow covers (1)

DIY pillow covers (4)

7. insert pillow into your envelope case and

DIY pillow covers (2)

DONE!

Wasn’t that simple?

Please ask any questions below and again-check out Rae Gun Ramblings for the original tutorial and idea.

Linking up to:

WeThreeCrabsButton_zps375e4423

8 thoughts on “A Place to Lay My Head

1. Pingback: URL
  2. eric says:

Thanks for coming to link up at we three crabs. How did you get the button to work? I’m having trouble getting the code right. any help you can give would be appreciated.
    Erica

I actually just copied the photo and attached your link to it :) Hope that helps!

3. marissa says:

You pillows turned out great! I’m glad you found my tutorial helpful :)

It was like a light bulb when on in my head :) You’re tut was SO helpful. Thanks!

4. Grandma says:

Okay, it’s a great idea, just slip the pillow into the middle opening and then? Velcro or running stitch the opening closed.
    But the shams on my bed are made like that. There’s no chance of them getting turned over and seeing the back, so I sometimes just pin them closed.

Thanks for the added tips!