Warning: this tutorial is so easy-you WILL recover every pillow in your home and maybe move onto your friend’s and family’s pillows!
Here is my take away:
OK-first things first, gather ALL the pillows in your home that you would like to recover and stack them next to your sewing machine. This tutorial is so easy and the project takes so little time that it is best to knock all the covers out in one sitting!
1. measure the pillow(s) you want to recover
mine was 15 inches by 15 inches
2. now the math: cut your fabric like this (graphic seems to be easier to follow than my ramblings)
OK-now that the math is done onto the real “work”
3. Hem the two shorter edges of the fabric (fold, iron, fold, iron and then stitch)
4. Fold fabric WRONG SIDE OUT to fit the pillow
5. Sew along the long side edges
6. turn the pillow case right side out
7. insert pillow into your envelope case and
Wasn’t that simple?
Please ask any questions below and again-check out Rae Gun Ramblings for the original tutorial and idea.
Linking up to: