I made these adorable ice skate ornaments as gifts last year and I am finally getting around to a tutorial :) Unfortunately that means there are no photos of the DIY process. My bad.
Embroidery floss or yarn
Cottonballs, batting, or tissues
Ice skate template (link)
- Cut out your ice skate template BUT leave the bottom of the template intact
- Stitching the two pieces of felt together (I did this by hand with several layers of embroidery floss since I wanted super large stitches (I did not stitch the bottom that was intact)
- Leave a small opening for stuffing (I used cotton balls and tissues until it “looked right”)
- use fabric glue to glue on your choice of ribbon to the top
- once glue is dried, stitch over the ribbon on the skate
- create a loop with the embroidery floss to be used at the tree hanger (i simply pulled the floss through until it was the length I wanted and then tied it off)
- insert the paperclips in each skate and
Super cute right!
Are you making any homemade ornaments this year?