I have an old desk I plan on refinishing, I know I want to paint the desk but I am unsure of the colors and design I want to paint on it. Here is some of my inspiration:

1. I like the classic look of this black “dipped” desk-it would never go out of style

2. I like the bright color surrounded by the white exterior on this desk-very classy yet modern

3. the muted greenish blue color on this roll top desk is gorgeous

4. I love the white top outlined by the mild color on the rest of the desk

5. this silver desk with matte white drawers would be a great way to add drama to any room and a great way to add personality to your home

6. I love this side table b/c of the beautiful drawers, I could recreate this look with wrapping paper, contact paper, or fabric

I have no ideas on color, no ideas on fabric or finishes, and I do not know what room this would be living in-so throw your ideas out at me.

I am ready and listening :)

6 thoughts on “my personal desk challenge

1. Grandma says:

I think it depends on where you are putting it. If you are selling it, maybe the traditional one is best but I like No. 4.

I think #4 is my favorite too. thanks for the input

2. Yelle says:

So many different great styles! My personal favorite is the dipped legs, but they would all make for a great desk!

Thanks for your input-I will definitely update everyone on my choice here (once I make one:))

3. Rachael D says:

Do you have a picture of the desk you are refinishing for comment inspiration? :) Does it have cute knobs already?

I will take a photo of the desk I am redoing tonight and post it here. The desk has generic hardware right now-but I have seen some awesome tutorials online on how to spruce those up.