This is my telephone table now:

I want to refinish or paint this piece but honestly-I am having some creative brain lock right now.

There are some photos of similar telephone tables with finishes that I like:

I like how clean and bright this one is, looks really homey.

I like the classic features of this one, although I do not know how nice my wood will clean up-but I guess it’s worth a shot.

I like how just the bottom shelf is a different color, adds some interest.

Of course, I love the rustic, worn look of this one.

What do guys think? any advice? which one is your favorite?

7 thoughts on “telephone table re-do?

1. Rachael D says:

My vote is paint it white (like the first inspiration photo) and then an awesome bold/modern fabric – http://www.drygoodsdesignonline.com/collections/all-fabrics. On the other hand striped and re-stained will look oh so nice!

Thanks for the website-I will check it out. I am definitely going to go white or wood-I think I will start out trying to refinish the wood and go from there. I plan on chronicling the project here on the blog…

2. I kind of always like wood in its natural state, stained, varnished, oiled.

thanks for the input-im going to give it a whirl

3. Grandma says:

I agree with the previous comment.

4. Ra says:

Honestly, If you are planning on keeping it, I think you should just strip it and re stain it. I like the example of the white one, but it is all about where you will keep it, to match the rest of the furniture.

thanks for the advice guys. I will try to sand, strip, and refinish. ill keep everyone updated :)