Do you love coconut oil? Did you know coconut oil exists? If not, don’t feel bad-I didn’t either until about 10 months ago.
Coconut oil is an amazing thing. It is more solid than other vegetable oil and has a great number of uses. It also smells delicious (and I do not like coconuts)!
Check out these websites for more information:
So now that you know all about coconut oil and want to buy some-where do you go?
Ok, so you’ve bought your coconut oil, now what?
Here are just a few of the great uses:
1. Use it to condition your wood cutting boards
2. Use as a conditioner for super dry hair (leave in for as long as possible, then shampoo out)
3. Use as a base for homemade deodorant, lip balm, and/or toothpaste (recipes to come)
4. Use as an intimate lubricant (not with Latex)
5. Use as a lotion or salve (very good for eczema)
6. Use 1:1 instead of any cooking oil in most recipes
7. Taking a spoonful is said to help with digestion
8. Apply to scraps and cuts to help healing
As I said above-these are just a few of the uses, there are literally hundreds
See these helpful websites for more ideas:
Here are some great recipes that incorporate coconut oil and are a simply way to ease into the use of coconut oil:
Feel free to add more uses for coconut oil in the comments!