BEFORE

AFTER

By using old boxes and cheap baskets, I was able to organize this drawer for free.

I was able to organize my cards, addresses, stamps and labels in once basket. Miscellaneous cords, screw drives, and head phones in another. Batteries and charges in yet another (tiny)box.

I then put my phone charger, camera charger, and IPod wall charger in old toilet paper cardboard to wrangle in the cords-this works great!

under the sink kitchen organization

I could add a shelf to this cabinet but as of right now-it is not needed. I am able to put my garbage can, recycling basket and cleaning supplies in this cabinet and still have plenty of room.

Below shows the same but with the bathroom  cabinet. I might need to add a shelf once the Husband gets here.

What are your secrets for organization on a budget?

7 thoughts on “free organization

1. Rachael D. says:

I can’t wait until I get a house again so I can put you up to the “Amy challenge” :)

I am totally up for it

2. kmpetik says:

love this. i am on an organization quest as well, and i am running across many folks that drop thousands at the container store. love that place, but trying to avoid that ;) I take old cardboard or shoe boxes, decorate them with wrapping paper and contact paper, and then I have pretty boxes to put items in.

3. Grandma says:

And like you did, I found a long narrow plastic basket downstairs that will fit in the front of my drawer to hold small items, and pens or pencils. Your things really look nice.

4. Grandma says:

My latest organizer is to use an empty cereal box. I used a small one and taped the ends and then cut the large side off, then cut through the middle and slid the two together to make a long narrow box that will hold my phone charger.

i would love to see a picture of this, i cannot see it in my mind