Husband and I are planning to move when our current lease is up and knowing that has motivated me to reorganize, downsize, and donate.
It hit me the other day that where ever we move might not have a basement. Husband and I both use our current basement and it would be a real adjustment to not have one-but I want to know if we could make it without a basement.
All this to say-I have an idea!
I have 3 Rubbermaid containers that are not in use right now and I want to turn those containers into ottomans so that I can have practical, large, easy to get to storage for tools, extra clothes, holiday decorations and more! AND I want to do this for SUPER cheap!
All I should need is:
1. foam for ottoman top (can be very expensive, I will need some coupons and sales)
2. batting for the hard edges of the ottoman (I have on hand-it’s actually fake snow that I bought in a bag at the thrift store-but I know it will do the trick)
3. glue for adhering the foam onto the container lid (I have all kinds of glue on hand so I should have something that will work)
4. Rubbermaid containers (on hand)
5. fabric for the ottoman top and sides
6. MAYBE some wood and casters to make the ottomans easier to move around or maybe something like these:
Self-adhesive casters! Thanks Container Store!
I am so pumped. I am going to think on this some more and come up with a plan. I will keep you all updated!
Any words of advice while I am thinking on this?